Monday, April 11, 2011

I bet my pile is bigger than your pile.



Often times I forget what is considered normal.

 I forget that not every household has a grocery bill of $300 per week minimum. Don't forget to add at least another $200 in toiletries.

I forget that not every household goes through a minimum of 5-8 gallons of milk per WEEK

I forget that not every household drinks a minimum of 5 gallons of water per DAY.

I forget that not every household goes through 36 rolls of toilet paper not in a month, but in a week instead. That only includes what we wipe with, not what gets watered down and plastered to the ceiling. It also doesn't include the rolls of toilet paper that become Barbie blankets or clothes. It also doesn't include the rolls of toilet paper that the kittens decide to shred into teeny tiny pieces and spread from one end of the house to the other. No, that's just what we wipe with.

I forget that not every household shops at Sam's club, not monthly or weekly but sometimes daily.

I forget that not every household washes 7 pairs of socks, 7 shirts, 7 pairs of jeans, 7 pair of undies, 7 towels,7 pair of pj’s, and blankets and sheets and whatever else may have gotten drug through the mud or used as a batman cape while running through the sprinklers, or need I say it? Much, much worse!

And then I am reminded how not normal it is when I post up a picture of one day’s worth of laundry on Facebook and people are completely in awe at the pile; that mind you, isn’t nearly complete.

It makes me giggle to think how intrigued people are with my laundry pile.  It certainly isn’t intriguing to me. But then again, I sometimes forget what is normal.



2 comments:

  1. You and me, baby...livin' the life! Nice post...made me smile and want to share my pictures of my couch with you...bet we are neck and neck! ha

    ReplyDelete